Addie is my dearsweetbabygirlniece. (Tangent: Somehow, I'm never able to refer to her in conversation as simply "my niece." It's always "my babygirl niece," which is going get pretty ridiculous when she's no longer a baby, particularly since it's pretty obvious that, as a niece, she's a girl.)
ANYway. Addie lives about a million miles away (okay, Seattle’s not quite that far) with my wonderful brother and sister-in-law, whom you can just tell were born to be the World's Best Parents. I miss her terribly, but checking her blog every day helps me feel a lot closer to her.
For that reason, I started wondering if the whole blog thing might be a good fit for staying connected to my family. (This is despite the fact that the primary functions of the blogosphere these days seem to be a) polarizing the nation and b) recapping baseball games -- the latter of which I heartily approve, BTW. But I digress. You’ll get used to that.) After all, we're a scatted bunch: Washington, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Minnesota, etc. And because I'm not always as good about picking up the phone as I should be (or returning non-work e-mails, for that matter), this seemed like it was worth a shot. I'm guessing that you aren't dying to know about all the landscaping I did over the weekend or whatever else I post about, but on the other hand, maybe this blog means that I won't seem so far away to the people I love. :)
P.S. Speaking of Addie, here we are. Evidently, Aunt Laura is pretty good at gorilla noises, which -- at least on this particular day -- were amusing.
No comments:
Post a Comment