Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Featured Garden: Next Door

As I've written about it previous posts/comments, our Awesome NeighborsTM next door have a fantastic garden. While we have a similar (or at least, very compatible) style, Seza has devoted a lot more space to veggies and herbs than I have, at least in the backyard. (Out front, their house sports a full-sun perennial bed, a bunch of window boxes, a climbing rose, a bunch of established shrubs and a gorgeous blue "Endless Summer" hydrangea.)

Here are some late-June photos of their backyard.

Heirloom Tomatoes, Peppers, Herbs and Nasturtiums
I have to just point out that it's impossible for me to hear the word "nasturtiums" without thinking of Winnie-the-Pooh (who thinks they're called "mastershalums.")


The Newly-Designed and Home-Built Planter on the Deck
Engineer/friend Fish designed it for Seza's birthday present, and T built it himself!


Vertically-Inclined Peas and Beans
Through the chain-link fence, you can kinda see the purple Ageratum and red Salvia in my back bed.


And in the Front Yard: Coneflowers
This is one of the Echinacea plants that was too pink for me. As you can see, it's pretty happy at Seza's!

1 comment:

Seza said...

Wow I can't believe my pics made it into your blog. I really feel like a celebrity. I have a large post to do about Chicago so look for it soon.